Saturday, August 9, 2008

In Nelson



I'm in Nelson for a quick weekend visit, catching up with friends before I go away. It is stunningly beautiful here today. Snow down quite low on the hills and a clear blue sky - fabulous. What isn't so fabulous is that yesterday I got a little parcel from the French embassy - my passport and paperwork returned with a letter saying that I have to apply in person and there is a 2 - 3 month waiting list! Tiffany from Alexandra had the same thing, and I guess Anna, who is also going for a year, did too. Unbelievable! We are due to fly out in just over 2 weeks....

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Really frustrating ali but you're taking it with such aplomb. It's just another little barrier to overcome - no doubt someone at AFS will take up your cause but you don't need it right at this moment. enjoy the rest of your trip to Nelson and your last two weeks with your kids at school.

Anonymous said...

It was just lovely catching up with you yesterday. The paper work problems seem to be a repeating theme as I recall Helen had difficulties in that department too. She managed to get away too France in the end and to have a wonderful time. I'm sure you will too. Thanks again for yesterday. Enjoy your last two weeks of school.

Hilary said...

Waiting for the next installment regarding the visas. I've given sheryl your email address and suggested she starts a blog also.