Well, Im in France. The first leg of the flight over with Singqpore Air was greqt, but Singapore to Frankfurt with Lufthansa was reql cattle class stuff. Awful. The last little stretch was fine.
You will see that French keyboards are different and I cant use my laptop at the moment as the charger doesnt fit. I seem to have brought over the wrong one! So pls excuse mistakes. Anyway, it has been trying and also some bits have been good. We had a day in Paris yesterday which was good. This morning I got the TGV to Poitiers and was met by 4 people at the station! Just catching it by myself in the first place was a bit of a mission.
As expected I have been terribly homesick. Im sure I'll work my way through it, but I am reminded of why I only applied for 1 month in the first place! I don't seem to do "away from NZ on my own" very well. But of course it's early days and I'm tired. It will be OK.
I am going out for lunch so had better get off the computer. I miss you all! xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm missing you already but feel immeasurably better that you're 'on air' again. Glad things went OK on the way over and you've obviously got people looking out for you - being met by 4 people may have been a little overwhelming but better than being under-whelmed by no-one!
We got back from 7 days in Fiji last night - it was excellent, not long enough of course but very relaxing. Lots of reading and swimming in the pool with a day's snorkeling and 2 days on a hire scooter - slightly uncomfortable but worth it to see the country side.
It was Charles 60th birthday at The Playhouse last night - an excellent night although my 'black & white' costume may have been judged by some to get the 'almost., most uninspiring' prize. Second only to Neil's blue jeans which would have won. The band was excellent, something about Boogie and Blues in their name. Lots of old rocker music to dance to. Today we've had coffee therapy at TNB and spent the rest of the day in the garden trying to clear up the winter jumble. Work tomorrow :(
Post a Comment