Bonjour mes amis, In fqct Im not in Poitiers proper, Im in Buxerolles, which you can see on the previous map. Yesterdqy Jean, my host "father" took me to some friends' place for lunch. They were lovely people and very hospitable. I then had a nap then Jean took me for a tiki tour, although I hqve a strong suspicion they dont call them that here! :-) (I didnt ever think I was a touch typist, but you sure get used to where certain keys are! )There seemed to be nobody about at all - mind you, it was very very hot - but then when we got into the old city centre, well, there they all were. Sitting round in zillions of cafés just as you'd expect. Stunningly beautiful setting.
I watched some awful thing on CNN about African news, just for the sake of heqring some English. Jean doesnt spek any English so its been trying and difficult. But he did like his Nez Zealqnd cap I gave him. Oh, and I got to see le rugby stade yesyterday! Jean has gone to Orleans today to help his daughter shift house, and at 11.30 someone is picking me up and taking me out for lunch. Its nice having a wee bit of time this morning and I can unpack. Jeans wife Thérèse comes back from her weekend retreat tonight.
I will try to download some photos next time. Hilary, did you and Neil get prizes for your costumes? :-)
Love from Alison.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi. Great to hear that you are settling in...
Thanks Brian. I sort of am. The people are being very nice to me but it all seems a bit hqrd. However, Im feeling fairly positive qbout things. (If I say thqt often enough......) What causes homesickness anyway? I keep thinking of that Australiqn Olympic rower - Lay Down Sally; I have to last the distance here or I would become Come Home Ally!
Bonjours Alison,
I will have to brush up on my French so I can converse with you properly! Don't fret, the first month is always the hardest and by the end of 3 months you will feel right at home, and be speaking like a native.
Meilleurs souvenirs, Michel
No we didn't win a prize. I have a feeling the black and white ballerina tutu with the black and white skull and crossbones tights and gorgeous little black bolero would have beaten us! Wish I'd thought of it.
Lows still trundling across the Tasman at a rate of knots and still drizzling in Nelson. I can't believe it, what if the climate's changed forever?
Post a Comment