Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mr Badger

Do you know, when I was staying with Sheryl in Al Ain and I wasn't very well, (not berry well! as we say in our family) I read lots of books and one of them was The Wind in the Willows. I had never read the whole book before, believe it or not. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

So we move on a little. Karen and Kevin don't go messing about in boats as far as I know, but they have made aquaintance with Mr Badger! Or a relative. One or two badgers come visiting every night. They snuffle round on the lawn and then make their way up to the back door. There is usually some food about - something for the birds or even a special treat for them. I think they seek out this house because they know how much Karen loves wildlife.
It was just great peering in the dark through the glass panel of the back door. I had never seen a badger before and I was quite captivated. You could just see why Kenneth Grahame decided that Mr Badger would be wise and gentlemanly. (No, I'm sorry, I am unable to explain myself!) And here's the good bit - I got a photo! Karen said that it was pretty much impossible to take a photo. They had tried before but the flash just reflects back and you get nothing. But I had a go and I don't know if it was the way I held my mouth or my experience with the Brownie 127 which Grandma gave me for my 9th birthday, but anyway, I was quite chuffed with the result! So here they are - Mr Badger and his companion Bruce.

No comments: