Saturday, November 21, 2009

I have just had a wee burst and have added a world map which tells me from which countries my viewers have popped by for a visit! (Well, it's not actually a map but never mind!) I've also become a 'follower' of several blogs which I have discovered and which I'd like to read on a regular basis. A couple of those people have joined my merry band of followers too. Soooooo..... I really need to decide what I'm going to do with this blog if I'm going to be attracting readers. Lol! Try to remember bits and pieces from my year away? Just keep adding photos? Start a new blog quite unrelated to France? Or perhaps you have questions? If you want to ask them I would be very happy to answer. Soooo.... (another sooooo) let me know what you think. Please!
In the meantime, a few more photos. In no particular order because they seem to rearrange themselves when published: it's me with Abir, my lovely young uni friend from Lebanon, at the University of Poitiers. Then there's Robyn beside a statue of Joan of Arc. Robyn and I used to go to Sunday School together! My 'walking' friends; me one night in Poitiers just before last Christmas; and my house one sunny winter's day. (My studio is the little bit you can just see at the back!) And my background is just a little bit early for Christmas, but we don't have all that much time to be festive so I thought I'd start now! :-)



5 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Allison, Great to hear from you. Hope all's well in your world.

You know, you can blog about anything you want but not change your title. Since you loved France so much it's a way to identify yourself without loosing your followers. When I started blogging I was a raving, menopausal 50 year old who HATED being 50-something. That was all I wrote about for the first 20 posts. Now I barely mention it but stayed with the name anyway. So have fun with it and post whatever and whenever you like :-)

Have a great week. xo

Anonymous said...

Hey there, greetings from sunny Muscat! Good luck with the blog, you shouldn't change it, just write whatever you feel whenever you feel it :0)

Unknown said...

Love reading and looking at photos of peoples far away adventures. Keep it up.

Big Pissy said...

I agree with Joanna about your blog and not changing the title. :)

I love reading about people's adventures and seeing their photos. :)

Alison said...

I, of course, would love your reflections of the year gone by in France (especially since I came in at the very end of that story!). But I'd also like to know more about life in NZ.

Me, I started my blog as a journal, since I've never been able to maintain the traditional written one. It was also supposed to be a way for my family to keep up with me, but they never read it! So I've ended up focusing on the food aspects, since that's what my readers seem to respond to most.

By the way, I've found the pictures load in the exact reverse order you select them. So I try to get my "storyline" in mind, then pick the last one first...it can get challenging! If you go into the html section of the editing window, you can cut and paste pictures around, but I don't know how comfortable you are with all that.