Saturday, November 28, 2009

Warm thoughts please.

This Thursday my brother in law is having a major operation on his back. He is having 3 spinal discs fused together. (I think - I don't retain medical stuff very well!) At the moment he is in huge pain all the time and can barely move. He has had previous attempts by surgeons to sort things out but to no avail. He is a very active, full-on kind of guy. Can't sit still, goes pig-hunting; a 'real bloke', as we say. And I might add, with a heart of gold. A good guy. Afterwards, he is going to have to be immobile for several months, and even that will be a huge challenge!
I said to Jane, my sister, that I would ask my blogging friends to send Chris some postive thoughts. She laughed and said that Chris didn't believe in that sort of thing, but she was fine with it! Well, I believe in the power of love and kindness, I really do. So if you would be so kind as to send some warm thoughts in this direction, or offer a prayer - whichever is your preference, that would be just great! I don't think that the timing matters, but just for your information, when Thursday dawns here in New Zealand it's still Wednesday in the States. :-)
Thanks everyone.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Best wishes from the Phillips Family , Dunedin. We know you are a warriors fan so just think of when you can watch the Warriors pain free next year.
Amanda, staying in Barbara's apartment at the moment

Alison said...

No no, Amanda! Chris and Jane are Warriors fans - I am most certainly not. But thanks for your message. :-)

Alison said...

It's still pretty warm up here in North Carolina, so I'm sure I can spare some warm wishes for your brother! (Although not terribly religious, I do believe prayer helped preserve my dad's life through a heart transplant and the preceding trauma.) Here's hoping everything goes smoothly and it WORKS!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Sending love and prayers for an easy and successful surgery. I believe in the power of prayer and you've got mine!
xo

Unknown said...

Prayers and thoughts are going out from Pennsylvania, USA.

Alison said...

Thank you, people.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mariebop said...

My sister and a friend both had spinal fusions. Not an easy op, yes a major, and sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. But it does. Lots of thoughts and positive energy going your way from Belgium. Wednesday night here so Thursday today in NZ. Very best wishes to your brother in law, to Jane and to you. Kia kaha. xx

Anonymous said...

Our love and thoughts are with you, I know you will have lots of family support,

Jan (Mosgiel)

Big Pissy said...

That surgery sounds brutal. :(

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. :)