Saturday, December 13, 2008

A bit of a do.



I now know something about the night bus, called Noctambus. I will be able to go out to the movies and things. It wends its way round an assortment of routes and I did wonder if I was on the right bus, but yes I was and I got home! That in fact should be we - did I mention that Barbara is here? She arrived last Monday and goes back to London on Friday 19th. We have done a little bit of touristy and shopping stuff, but I am still busy at uni and school so she has been entertaining herself too. She said she was very happy to catch up on work, so that's good.
Anyway, last night we got the bus into Centre Ville and went to Wenbo's apartment, just by the Palais de Justice. A fantastic spot really, right in the heart of things. Wenbo, Gi, Sung Ae, Barbara and I decorated the flat and it looked quite festive. The rest of the class - well, most of them - arrived and we had a potluck meal. And a party. It was good really, but wound up reasonably early, which suited me being in my dotage and all. A couple of the young girls walked Barbara and me to the bus stop to show us where it was. It was lovely walking through the cobbled streets in the crispness of the frosty night, with all the beautiful Christmas lights around. A good night.
After a couple of beautiful Nelson winter days, today is horrible. Freezing cold and blustery. We may have to rethink our walking into town plans.
The photos are of the uni group, with about 4 missing I think. Sophie, our Prof, is on my left. The other picture is of Sung Ae, Sung Eun and Barbara on our walk to the bus stop.

No comments: