
This a a photo of the students that I have the most to do with at the Lycee. (That should read - with whom I have the most to do.... but it doesn't quite work!)The boys in the front are as hard case as they look! The boy in the front row on the left chats to me about his rugby. The teacher is Claudine who was the first teacher I met there and who has been really supportive.
Today was the last day of this part of the uni course, although of course we have exams next week. But it was quite sad, as a couple of people aren't coming back after the break. We played French word games for some of the morning and then each person or group (there are 7 from South Korea for example) sang something from their country. I gave a stirring rendition of the National Anthem in Maori. They actually wanted the haka, but I just don't know it well enough, and still feel some sort of unease about being a female doing it. I'm not sure what the rules are, really. I might add that today was the first time I have heard Jingle Bells in Arabic.
Anyway, it was a good morning. Tonight we are having a bit of a do at Wenbo's appartement in Centre Ville. Very exciting because I don't usually go out at night! Wooo! The year is winding down.....

2 comments:
Hope your night out was a blast! We had the first of our work do's last night which was a low key meal out at a Thai restaurant. It was very nice but I left when everyone else did and was home by 8.30 p.m. That worked well as Andy & Rebecca were flying in at 9.30 p.m. from Auckland for another wedding (their chief bridesmaid who was a uni friend of Beks).
The next work do is the whole division and is a top secret hush hush event from 12.00 noon till 5.00 p.m. next Friday! We have heard a whisper that it's off site. Are we orienteering? hang-gliding? or walking to the botanical gardens for coffee I wonder.
i notice that your mate on the left has some 'bling' in his ear. just cant get away from that eh? actually they look like a great bunch.
Post a Comment