After a very pleasant day of puddling about and reading and napping in the garden, alternating between the sun and the shade (it was probably the hottest day of the summer so far), tonight I went to the cinema with Christian and his and Marie-Helene's teenage granddaughter Lucie. I thought I was going to see Harry Potter, but as so often happens, I had got my wires crossed. Which was good in fact, because the film we saw was just great. It was called Le Hérisson, which actually means The Hedgehog. I'll have a think about why it was called that. Anyway, it was a kind of slice-of-life film - quirky and very French. It was set in an apartment building in Paris and it just seemed so real - the beautiful art nouveau decor, the creaky lifts, the people.... it all felt familiar! It had a sad ending and Lucie was snuffling away beside me. I shed a little tear but that was all. :-) Anyway, I enjoyed it and something else positive was that I understood quite a lot of the dialogue. Most in fact. That was helped by the fact that the scenario was easy to work out, and quite a bit of dialogue was spoken in situations where you could see faces.
Anyway, afterwards we came out into the street and it was 9.25pm but still 28 degrees and the street was full of restaurants and there were lots of people sitting outside - it was lovely! Then we drove home via a circuitous route through Centre Ville - round lots of little winding streets with pretty buildings.... I can tell you, it was all getting a bit much. It was just so damned lovely! I was thinking, "Oooh, I'm leaving all this soon! Oooh!" And I could feel tears prickling... It would have seemed a bit silly and a bit hard to explain. "Oh yes I'm crying because it's such a lovely evening." In fact, even the moon was beautiful tonight. Lucie was hassling Christian about driving too fast and it was very warm and funny and Lily was born this morning... I think I'm a bit emotional!

Anyway, the photo of the moon is very ordinary indeed, but I thought I'd include it because I often look at it and think - that's just the same moon that everyone in the world can see and isn't that amazing?
1 comment:
Oh, Sweetie, that is the miracle isn't it? That despite what may or may not be happening to any one of us, we all can share the same view of the moon. Lovely
Post a Comment