Saturday, December 12, 2009
Christmas Lights
Last night a few of us 'gals' had a great meal at SPQR in Ponsonby. It's supposedly where local celebs hang out, but we didn't see any! Great meal though. Then we wandered up and down Franklin Road to look at the Christmas lights. They were really great, and I think I will have to get a flasher camera, as mine really didn't do things justice. But anyway, here a few snaps. Almost all the houses were decorated and there were heaps of people walking up and down the street, as well as cars driving slowly along. A really buzzy atmosphere. It was lovely!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Well, now, I think you can give me quite an education about Christmas on the other side of the globe. I just read an article by an author from southern Africa who described how exotic all the traditional Christmas carols & images were to him as a child. I never thought about shoveling 2 feet of snow as exotic!
I'm actually getting used to seeing Christmas lights up without snow, but it seemed very bizarre to me when I first moved to the American south. So, are there any particular Christmas traditions unique to NZ? I'm supposing we're all ex-Brits when it comes down to it, so I expect our traditions are fairly similar.
If you leave a comment on my blog, it'll show up in my email--I've got you on my safe list now! And then maybe some other readers will learn something too (or maybe follow you back to your blog--yay, more readers!)
Are you still teaching French in NZ? I was just thinking, as I prepared my lesson plan tonight, that we could use each other as resources for ideas. I'm the only French instructor at my school, and I miss hearing about what other teachers are doing in their classrooms.
The Christmas lights are beautiful. It's all os festive :-)
I'm heading out of town for the week and won't have an Internet connection. I'll catch up with you when I return.
Have a great week.
xo
I love seeing all the houses decorated like that. very nice
I think it's nice too. Haven't noticed any here in Charleroi yet, but there's bound to be heaps in Brussels!
some people really go all out....we rarely do any lights due to not being able to get them back off until june...but I do think they are beautiful !
Post a Comment