Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh yes, another thing......

When we went to have lunch with Marie-Helene and Christian in Poitiers, we stopped off at the local shops as I wanted to say Hi to Emilie, my hairdresser and now a Facebook friend! And I had a wee plant for her. Anyway, as I was walking along the street from where we had parked, the wee girl from the bakery practically leapt out the door and bundled me in! She seemed genuinely pleased to see me which was so nice. I also talked to the lovely newsagent man. If I had made a special trip to see them they probably wouldn't have cared or even remembered me, so catching up in a random kind of way like that was just great. But hey, get this.... the bakery is closing down! Obviously the sales of tartelettes au chocolat have plummeted since I left and the business is no longer viable! Oh dear! My departure may have impacted on the whole French economy. What can I say?

1 comment:

mariebop said...

hahaha! Who knows?? :)