Monday, February 22, 2010

Good intentions!

You know, I really wanted to stay part of Blogland. I loved writing my entries while I was in France, and I also loved reading others' posts and commenting. I thought I would continue with random jottings, but the reality is that I am struggling for time. Do teachers in the rest of the world put in these ridiculously long hours? I'm at school by about 7.30am and usually leave about 5.15pm. Then I often need to do extra work at home. I know it's the beginning of the school year - it is here - so there's quite a bit of setting up, but I'm hot and tired and frustrated and wondering why at my age I haven't figured out a few shortcuts! Lol! So.... I haven't read any blogs for ages and I feel as if I'm drifting out of the community. So that's me anyway. Just a wee note to say I'm still here, but then again I'm not really. A bientot, I hope!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I can only say from watching my daughter, who lives with us and is a Spanish teacher, she comes home from school and works on papers and such until bed time. I have to give you teachers credit. Good luck with the new year.

Alison said...

Ugh, yes, that is sadly common here, too. I was lucky; teaching in private schools, I had less administrative crap to deal with. I often got home closer to 4:00. But then I was so tired, it was all I could do to get myself dinner!

I sure hope things ease up a bit for you soon. If it makes you feel any better, the reason you can't find shortcuts is probably because you're constantly tweaking your lesson plans, activities, etc. That means you're a good teacher--but you end up paying for it!

Bon courage!!

Alison said...

Thanks guys. And yes Flartus, it's called reinventing the wheel and we do it all the time! Lol.

mariebop said...

One of the great things (if not the best!)being on this overseas experience is having the time to do my posts - it's something I cherish. I know there is no way I would ever be able to do that if I was teaching full-time. So I completely understand how you feel Alison - the thought of returning to that intense exhausted feeling is quite scary from here!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Alison, Life often gets in the way of blogging and that's really the way it should be isn't it? I hope work slows down for you a bit and you can pop in from time to time. If not, I totally understand. It's been a pleasure reading your blog.

Cheers,
jj

Jennifer said...

Hi, just stopping by to say thank you for visiting my blog! I understand, there just is not enough hours in the day it seems. Teachers seriously do not get enough credit. I am not one but I do have a lot of admiration for the work you do! I remember all of my favorite teachers from school, they do make such a difference!

sanjeet said...

what a fab post
post free classified ads