Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday/ mardi

A better day today. However, my class at uni was still too hard and I may have to drop down again. I may well end up in a cellar somewhere. I'm not trying to have an easy run. I want it to be a challenge, but I do need to have a rough idea of what is going on. :-) So watch this space!
Love
Alison Marie-France. (I like that name.)

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Would you be able to go up again if you overshoot the mark? Although I can see your point . . .
Glad the day was better. It's starting to rain here again. I spoke too soon.
Have you caught up with the news that the election is November 8th? Billboards going up everywhere - the technology of airbrushing has improved yet again.

Nadean said...

Hi

This is the second time I have tried to type this. So here goes.

Sounds like your days are very packed. No time to be homesick now.

I understand your difficulties with the language. Until you can think in French and not have to translate it will be a headache. I know that it is only the sentences in Ukrainian that I can say without having to translate from English that I am really comfortable with. They don't require as much energy.


ASounds like your hosts are being really good hosts which must be a good thing.

Have you had to start looking for somewhere to live yet?

Nadean

Alison said...

1. Yes, I can go back up again, and I promised the young professeur from yesterday that I would return if level 2 was too easy.
2. Yes, I have a small studio to move into in a couple of weeks. In fact my host family have one here attched to their house, which would have been so wonderful, as a. I would be near people I know, and b. it's closer to the school and shops and c. I know the bus routes here now and d. it has two bedrooms!
However, after initailly being asked by AFS if they would have me, they heard nothing more, so in the end let it to a student. :-(
Never mind. The other one will be fine I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Sent my email before I read about your uni issues, hopefully will sort itself soon and you will be settling in to classes in a happier state. I remember how amazed I was when in France that although I could understand much of what I read, I was totally lost when trying to converse or listen to the French speaking!
Have a good day, Love Maureen
PS My french name when at high school was Helene, not as flash as Alison Marie-France !