Yes, today I come to you direct from a suburban Poitiers library! Internet access is free, but I've been here once before and there's only one computer and it's usually taken. But today I got it! Yay.
It's a difficult time I'm muddling on through at the moment. As my friend Cathy so rightly said in an email, alone is often really good. Lonely isn't. And that's it. There isn't even anywhere to walk around in my studio. And certainly no-one to talk to. I am immeasurably grateful to my cousin Les who sent me the October North and South. It arrived yesterday and I have been engrossed in it ever since! I have had this thought that actually private boarding would be good for solo AFS teachers, even if they have to move us on every now and then. My French isn't going to improve if I'm not talking to anyone. Just a thought, anyway.
This afternoon I had an appointment for an epilation - wax - having managed to at last find a place. I was fearing that I would get offers from circuses wanting me to take over from the bearded lady. So I'm all smooth again. Now i need to find a hairdresser..... Not quite such a need for that at the moment. And who knows, I might just end up going grey.
I decided today after uni also that I would post a couple of t-shirts to Sienna and Isla, so I thought I would send some of the resources I have bought as well. I was planning to send them as cheaply as possible as there is no rush at all. But no - it didn't work out like that. I would have had to go and buy a box and because it wasn't the standard poste boite it wasn't going to work out any cheaper. Possibly a little. So the books are flying over as well. I have sent them to you Nadean at Kolmar Road. Incidentally, the man at La Poste was incredibly helpful and patient with me. The queue got longer and longer and he didn't bat an eyelid. (There were other people working as well. Not just my chap.) I really appreciated his kindness.
People here seem to do queues. They are not my favourite thing at all!
By the way Jane, when I told you that there were casinos here, I have discovered that in fact Casino is a supermarket chain like Countdown! Lol! No wonder I saw signs all over the place.
Well, I just had a conversation with a little boy who wants the computer. Yes, we actually understood each other! So I had better check my emails and log off.
I'm not in the best shape ever, but will weather through things I guess.
Love Moi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, Ali, you are certainly showing us what is like for you. I am sorry it is hard being in the studio. Is it expensive? Is there anything I can send you? (apart from me. If I got the award, would we overlap and see each other before you went back?)What is your address now?
Post a Comment