Hilary wanted more photos! I don't really have anything new. This is an old castle? fortified tower? Hmmm.... I can't quite remember. It's very near the village of Grues where we stayed a few weekends ago, and Jean used to play here and climb around this building when he was a boy. It was closed when we were there, but was quite impressive with its size, and the way it just was there, just popping up really.
It's a beautiful autumn day here. We have had a bit of heavy fog so this clear crispness makes a very pleasant change. It's lovely.
No real news. Uni, and that's pretty much all. I went out for a meal last night chez Reine-Marie and Louis, very nice people who are friends of Thérèse and Jean. Today I am going somewhere with Christian and Marie-Hélène. Something to do with eating cake, but I didn't quite get it all!
Toodle pip!
Alison.

6 comments:
Hi you seem to be settling in. How is your Frnch inproving? I only got two photo's from you which I passed on to the class. Will try to keep in better contact.
John
Hope the cake was good, if indeed it was cake - and thanks for the photo; old, new doesn't make any difference to me, I'm VERY visual you see. Haven't yet seen any photos of your shoe box, it's not as if you'll need a wide angle lens n'est ce pas? Sunday morning - sparkling and green (at last) off to the pool. Toodle pip to you.
Hi Ali, i got told off last night for texting you as i burned what i was supposed to keep an eye on!!!too bad.
i will try to help a bit with all your stories of cream on cake: have your tried the creme Chantilly? this will be the closest to your whipped cream. careful: by memory you have some sweat and sugar free one.
secondly "une ecole normale" is where you get taught to become a primary school teacher and no doubt people are more or less normal there! (when i first arrived in NZ i thought they only taught grammar in a grammar school!!!)
anyway, it was good reading all your stories, i am glad you are visiting all these little villages and enjoying the history.
a plus tard,
Nat
Hello dear Alison!!
I hear the wistful frustration in your blogs but I am sure you are doing fantastically as only you can!
Heres a favourite Winston Churchill quote-"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.”
What do you think?
I miss your smiling face and your sterling English-I am sure the language has slipped a notch since you have been gone!!
Thinking of you
Sharlene
Hi alison
I've read few of your experiences. It seems you are adjusting well. Just have lots of fun. Make the best use of the opportunity.
regards.
Angie
Thanks for your coments guys. I kind of knew that about the Ecole Normale, Nathalie, but it just tickled my fancy! Won't be making any pavlovas at the moment as I don't have an oven!
Yep, really love the history of the place.
Post a Comment