
No, I hadn't really thought about the goodbyes, which are now starting. Today I caught up with my friend Yun, who has pretty much left Poitiers now as he is doing a round of universities or design schools, doing his presentation and hoping to get accepted. I'm sure he'll have no trouble. He is such a nice young man. And talented! It probably seems quite odd to become such good friends with a young Korean man in his late 20s. But I think we must have been horses together in another life or something. It is if we have known and understood each other for years. Anyway, he brought along his girlfriend today and we had a coffee in front of the Hotel de Ville in the glorious sunshine and sat and chatted for quite a while. It was just lovely. Apart from the sadness I felt at saying goodbye. As I said, I don't think I had thought about the end of my time here and what it was going to be like. It isn't the end yet of course, but quite a few friends are heading away now. Crumbs! I am going to be a blubbering wreck when I finally leave.
And speaking of leaving.... Tomorrow I head off to Menton with Christian, Marie-Helene and their 10 year old grand daughter Lucie. I am looking forward to that, but at the moment I am still feeling a bit churned up about today. But it will be great. The south of France! Wahoo! Anyway, I may not be near a computer until I get to London the following week. But never fear, I will return! Do not forsake me oh my darlin's!

3 comments:
What an honour to have a large group of young people who consider you as their friend and they no doubt feel honoured also. They all seem to come from non-tourist-destination places but you never know, you might travel to them in future and they will hopefully travel to NZ. You'd better make sure your house is set up for guests.
I'm thinking of you in Menton, Hope all is going well and you've met up with the famous Pattricks and sung some songs with them. Cut Lunch Blues is an all-time favourite.
Cut Lunch Blues is one of my all-time favourite songs too, and Rats was the highlight of my "producing" days. :-) Going to the Pattricks tomorrow night. Menton is lovely - tres jolie, and today lovely and warm as well. And yes, you're right about the lovely young people I met at uni. I hope I get to meet some of them again.
Life is full of emotion and it's a jolly good thing. We are alive when we feel deeply - just go with the flow and enjoy the moment. Some people we never see again but they were part of the rich tapestry at the time. Enuff philosophy - enjoy your travels!
Post a Comment