Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The weather



Bonjour tout le monde,
I have had a wee flurry of emails from concerned people, worrying that I might be snowbound. Thank you for thinking about me! I have to report that it is not snowing in Poitiers. And, after weeks of grey, cold and wet weather, this morning there was a very heavy frost, after which THE SUN CAME OUT!!! Incroyable! I guess it must be snowing in many parts of Europe, but apart from the week when I was in Al Ain, it hasn't snowed here. I left it a bit late in the day to take these photos, as the sun was just going down, but I hope you can get a sense of what a nice day it was today.
This afternoon I wasn't needed at the lycee so had an "official" conversation class with M-H. We sat and talked in French for an hour. Invaluable!
The photos: One is looking out to the road and you can see the light on in my little studio, and the other one is taken from the road, looking back past Marie-Helene and Christian's house to where I took the first photo. I hope it looks a bit French!
Merci beaucoup. xxx

No comments: