Friday, March 6, 2009

Award!


Well, I have received a Blog Award! Goodness me. I received it from my new friend Antonia whose blog I happened to discover... She is really creative and if you want to have a read, look at this: http://seaweedandgardenias.blogspot.com
Thanks for the award Toni!

The rules for this "Fabulous Blog" award are:
You must pass it on to 5 other Fabulous Bloggers in a post receiving the award.
You must include the person that gave you the award, and link it back to them.
You must list 5 of your Fabulous addictions in the post.
You must copy and paste these rules in the post.

My 5 Fabulous Addictions are:
1.My grand daughters - just the most gorgeous wee buttons in the whole world! And the rest of my family of course!
2.Chocolate - what else?
3.The internet - it has saved my sanity at times over here on my own. (I'm sure it's not very cool to admit to spending much time on the net, but there we are!)
4.Musical Island Boys. - Listen to them on You Tube. I LOVE them!
5.My fabulous friends, especially the ones who add comments on my blog! Lol.

So what a nice start to the weekend! :-) I am going to present the award to Louise and Tiffany - both 'over here' doing the same thing as me. I enjoy reading both their blogs. I don't really have anyone else to present the award to. I read a few others from time to time, but mainly just Tiff and Louise, and now Toni. So that will do for now!

It was a bit of a long day today, but I had a nice little interlude chatting to the newsagent/tabac. He's such a nice man and never winces with pain when I speak in French. Quite a few people do! He likes to talk to me about New Zealand and he wanted to know about the weather, about kiwis, and what the population is. (People are always quite startled when I tell them that Auckland has a million people. It's quite a good one to drop into the conversation as I suspect they think we all live in tiny villages with a 1950s feel to them. Um, no - that could be France you're thinking of!) Monsieur Tabac is a keen sports fan, so we have plenty to talk about. Today he updated me on Daniel Carter's injury, and talked about Byron Kelleher. He also knew, amazingly, that The All Whites went to a World Cup. He didn't know which one, and I was able to tell him all about the road to Spain. That was a wonderful time for us, the soccer people of New Zealand. I remember it well! But fancy him knowing that!! Anyway, we would probably still be talking now, but someone came in wanting to be served. And I had to go to the supermarket. As I avoid that job like the plague I have been surviving on bits and pieces all week, but I could see that if I didn't get to Super U fairly quickly I was going to have to start wringing out the toilet paper and reusing it.
So there we are! Have a great weekend. xxx

No comments: