Sunday, March 8, 2009

Le printemps and other weather.


I just walked down to the Boulangerie to get a baguette for lunch. (And could I help it if a tartelette au chocolat cried out "Pick me! Pick me!"?) Anyway, what I wanted to say was that I could have almost gone without a coat! The wind is a bit cool out there but there are certain signs of spring in the air. Including these lovely self-seeded violets which are everywhere. This photo was taken at my gate. You'll get a better idea of the violets if you click on the photo to enlarge it. Anyway, it's actually quite overcast but I am remaining positive! However, I am a bit concerned at the moment about the cyclone bearing down on Australia. I am worried about Hayden and Vanessa who live in Bargaga right on the coast. I didn't know about the cyclone until I read on Facebook that Vanessa had gone to the supermarket to get some supplies and it was like a madhouse! And no masking tape left, no candles, hardly any tinned food.... Crikey! However, I did have a laugh when one of their friends wrote that she had expressed concern about H & V but her partner said it would be all right because Hayden was a policeman! Lol! Anyway, I rang before and talked to Vanessa and they have taken in all the outdoor things and now can only wait and hope that it fizzles out before getting to their Wide Bay area. Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

LM said...

Alas, no spring flowers to be seen on the Square de Chatelaillon Plage!

Alison said...

Perhaps not, but that's a very fancy name. (Despite the graffiti!)

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised at those violets as we have the first whispers of autumn here. The tree at our gate is starting to change colour. I have no idea what it is, so don't ask, but it has little white flowers and goes a brilliant red in autumn. Very pretty! Oh no! That means it will get cold soon. I do not like cold but it's unavoidable in Christchurch. I have started chatting about Nelson as a possible retirement venue but that is quite a number of years away yet!

Toni said...

Chocolate is not only a dessert food group, but a bread food group (when contained in lovely pasty products!) ... mmmmm. And printemps! Yes, it's happening here as well.

Concerns for your family -- those cyclones are some NASTY SHITE!!!