Saturday, February 7, 2009

Snow, snow, thick thick snow.



As the dancing instructor said. Well, it wasn't really thick and it didn't settle, but nonetheless, today it snowed! Anne and I had just set out on our walk and were about to meet Micheline, when it started to snow. I was VERY excited. I really don't know why, but I was! Anyway, it stopped after about 5 minutes and that was that. We had a nice walk following a slightly different route. We dropped M off and headed back to Anne's. We stopped at the big square in front of the Hotel de Ville and had a very thorough look at the Aids display there. Anne is very interested in everything, and talked to one of the young men there for ages. And meanwhile I was watching a very very graphic video!! Aimed at gay men I think. I know it was foreign territory for moi! Anyway, as we walked back to Anne's, it started to snow softly again. By the time we got inside it was swirling and flurrying like nobody's business. The first photo is of me when it snowed the first time, and the other one was taken from Anne's. It's not very good, but hopefully gives you a bit of an idea of what it's like here, where it isn't 27 degrees!! I got the bus home and it was still snowing but had stopped by the time we arrived at Nelson Mandela bus stop. Not much more to tell. I wonder if it will snow overnight, and I will awaken up to a wondrous white world?

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Good luck with the snow, our forecast for you (see your email, I can't post a picture on your blog) says chance of snow for Sunday and since it said rain for Saturday and it snowed, it stands to reason you'll get snow tomorrow. Hope so.

Hot, hot and gorgeous here. What a summer!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo of you Ali. Enjoy your snow. You will enjoy the two summers back to back later!