Thursday, February 12, 2009

Une bonne journée.



Bonjour tout le monde,
Today was a good day. The class met at the Parc du Blossac this morning and we set off to do a "find and identify these places" activity. It was freezing cold at the start and even rained for a bit. Fortunately it cleared up, although it remained very cold! I was in a group with Wenbo from my class and Nancy, who is in the other level 3 class. She is from Mexico and is lovely. We worked well together and also went around with another group comprising Gi, Hector and Bora. (Gi tells me that Bora is a very Korean name.)As I said, it was good, but too long. After two hours, and still with about 3 pages to go, we retired to a brasserie for a coffee!! Two hours is long enough to tramp around the streets in the cold, really. I went with Gi and MiJin to MiJin's studio where we had lunch. Then back to uni this afternoon. It was all very quiet, but apparently it was all happening this morning. Wenbo was saying that his girlfriend went there this morning to vote about the strike and found it quite intimidating. She was verbally hassled. So I guess we will hear of the outcome of the vote soon enough. I believe that in 2006 the students were on strike for 2 months!
Anyway, in class we talked though this morning's activity, then had a fun activity which involved cutting out pictures, pasting, drawing, etc. All very creative and I was in my element! It made a very nice change. So that was today. The Lycee tomorrow, then I have a hair appointment after that. Then off to lunch on Saturday with the man I met in the toilet and his wife!
The pictures are of me and Gi outside the church of St Hilaire, and some of the group in the Parc du Blossac.
Now at this point I have to say that Hilary is about to head off on holiday for a month. So there is a vacancy for a comments person! Please audition by adding a comment. Merci beaucoup! :-)

5 comments:

LM said...

Well, that all sounds like far too much fun! I will have to suggest to my tutor tonight that we need to go on a class trip!!!

Hilary said...

It's very hard to reach my standard but I daresay if you practise you might reach it. Sadly I do not have a globally roaming computer and don't like my chances of getting to Ali's blog via internet cafes or hotel computers - so someone please comment. She lives for comments!!!! (Well I'm always prone to exaggeration).
Over and out until March 16th.

Anonymous said...

Well I had better try to add a comment since Hilary is unavailable, although I have not had much success in this endeavour so far. University life sounds a lot more exciting than I remember here! Good to see the strategies for addressing long walk chores ie stopping for a coffee, are common in all countries!

Alison said...

Well, so far LM and Maureen are winning the competition. I have to say that at this stage it hasn't been very competitive! Lol. Go for it, tout le monde!

Anonymous said...

I never was very good at competitions, but if it helps you to know that others besides Hilary are reading your blog then I'm in. The hardest thing to identify with is the cold. We got down to a chilly 13 deg which was fantastic after all those overheated days.