


Well, who would have thought I would have had such a great birthday, away over here in foreign parts, as it were. I had such a great day today. It started by Toby ringing early this morning, and I got to talk with Sienna who really can talk now! I was just blown away by this wee poppet saying,"Happy birthday Grandma!" And, in response to Toby's, "Tell Grandma where you live"...."New Plymouth"! And then "Trampoline now Daddy?" I hope you are all going... "Aaaaaw!" It was so cool. Then at uni I got a few wee gifts from the people in my class, which was a real surprise. One young man from China gave me a necklace and a book! The necklace was black and silver, and I exclaimed that it was perfect for me. He said he thought it would be, because he asked advice of the girl in the shop, and told her what I looked like, what I wore, etc!! Good heavens!! I must be a motherly figure to all these young men who are pretty nice to me!
After lunch the class surprised me with a cake and some juice. I had Happy Birthday sung to me in Japanese, Korean, Russian, Chinese, French, Arabic and Spanish. Amazing stuff! They are such nice young people.
And after school I rushed off to the Lycee. I was going to be a bit pushed for time, so asked the teacher I work with on Mondays if I could leave 15 minutes early as I had to get the bus into town for the Drinkies. She got a bit hiffy and said if I couldn't have my half of the class for the whole time she would have the whole class and I didn't need to stay! So instead of saying, 'Oh don't worry, I'll stay till 5.00,' I took her up on that offer and went home and got ready in a relaxed manner! Off I went into town and the uni group gathered again at Gil Bar for a few drinks. Most of the class and a few offspring. Also Sophie, last year's prof came, and Guy came for a little while too. It was a great night. Just a pity about the photo of me looming into the camera. I do so worry that I am turning into my grandmother! But anyway, all in all a great day. I have had a lot of emails and Facebook messages, and also some cards have arrived in the mail. It has all been wonderful. At the risk of sounding like a born again someone, I feel blessed! Thank you. As the Australian boxer, whose name I can't recall, said, "I love youse all!"

3 comments:
So glad you had folks remember your Birthday and you were able to celebrate in style, we were thinking of you here in N Z,
Love Jan
Fun and FUN! I wish I had been there to hug you, to walk arm in arm, to do a shot (ha!)
That would have been so cool! Next year???
Post a Comment