



And so to Tuesday..... Louise and I decided to take the train to Pisa, which involved a bit of doubling back as Bogliasco isn't big enough for all the trains to stop there. But that was OK and off we went. On the way we met a lovely young couple from Hawaii who were in Italy on their honeymoon, and who said they would be very happy to feature in my blog, and were keen to see it. So hi there, Laurie and Jeff! Here you are!
Pisa was great. Seeing THAT tower was a bit like seeing the Eiffel Tower for the first time. It fair takes your breath away really. Hard to believe it was real. We decided not to climb up it but enjoyed just wandering round the area and checking out the kazillions of street stalls. And when it started raining, fending off the hordes of Umbrella Sellers. Where do they come from? They just appear as if by magic. Anyway, we managed to squeeze in a little bit of shopping too, oddly enough, and in fact ran out of time so had to buy McDonalds to take on the train. Which I might add I nearly had all to myself, as Louise hopped on a train to see if it was ours and the doors started to close and she got off just in time! I had the food but she had the tickets! Lots of things to laugh about afterwards. It was a good day. The photos are of the wonderful Leaning Tower of Pisa, including one of me trying to straighten it up. There is also a picture of Louise at the railway station and one of Laurie and Jeff. You know, I'm surprised that more things don't lean. When you consider all the magnificent buildings that were erected way back in history without the advantage of modern technology; well, they did a brilliant job every time! Apart from once in Pisa of course. Lol.
A bientot.

1 comment:
Great to catch up on your trip! It sounds like a wonderful experience. I love the photos and the helpful commentary. I think your sunset is brilliant! I am always tempted to rush for the camera when I see one. I think it might be because they are beautiful but fleeting. Thanks for sharing. Love, Les
Post a Comment