Saturday, November 22, 2008

samedi 22 novembre




Just a couple (three actually) of photos so you can see some of my French friends! I went to Viviane and Jean-Michel's last night for dinner which was very pleasant indeed. J-M speaks English, but for all that no English was spoken. They are determined to have me speaking French! I am still incredibly ordinary at it, but I was able to tell them a funny story about an adventure I had, and they all laughed, so they must have understood! (The Toilet Adventure, for those in the know!)
Jean-Michel is in the light coloured shirt and Viviane is the darker woman - the one not wearing a scarf. The other two people are Marie-Helene and Christian, my landlords, and also kind friends.
I took my camera to school yesterday and was going to take a photo of some of the kids. But then I felt a bit uneasy about that. What sort of privacy things should I be considering? Even if I ask them, is it still OK to publish their photos on my blog?
Today I am having a big clean up chez moi, and you would be amazed at how much rubbish I need to sort out!
I am using avoidance tactics here - I need to wash my floor!
Just a reminder of my address. Not that I'm begging for mail - although it can be interpreted that way! :-) - but just so as things don't go to my original host family. (Although all things related to my carte de sejour still go there. I can't even begin to think of the new dramas which could unfold if I told the good folk at the Prefecture that I had changed my address! Lol.) Anyway. 106 Route de Bonneuil Matours, Poitiers, 86000, France.
Go the ABs!

2 comments:

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

If you can tell funny stories about toilets and have them 'get it' - then I suspect your french is very much better than you think. Once again I am wrestling with the green eyed monster who sits, mostly silently, on my shoulder.