Sunday, November 2, 2008

Red Tape

Well, I had a long piece written and saved on to my memory stick about my lovely time in Paris. It will have to wait. I am just gutted - I have just received a letter from the Prefecture about my Carte de Sejour. I need more photos, more evidence that I have money in the bank, another letter from my hosts as proof that I live there and they do too.... all stuff that I have done before. And then I have to go in and take a number and wait. I have exams this week, but am free on Wednesday afternoon. Oh goodness, they are closed on Wednesdays. I am running out of time. My visa expires on November 16th, Hayden's birthday. You cannot believe how much I am over all this red tape.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I 'spose it's a silly suggestion but couldn't you just use the letters and photos you've already submitted? I realise waiting in a queue is tedious but if that's the worst of it. Or am I missing something?
Gorgeous Monday morning here - not a cloud or a breath of wind. We have to grab these mornings, they haven't been happening all that often - and only on work days of course.
I'll tune in tonight after work in the hope that your Paris sojourn blog is posted.

Alison said...

The International Relations chap from the university has my dossier of papers. I was under the impression that he was forwarding it all to the Prefecture. I dunno! But I am on line! I have the internet! Wahoo!