I had my first written exam yesterday and then the oral exam this morning. Yesterday was OK. Actually, the oral thing went better then I had expected, but all the same it is definitely my weak spot. But we will see. Two more exams tomorrow. Including listening comprehension. Aaagh! I can't understand what people are saying in English if they don't Project Nicely, so you can imagine my problems with French! Lol.
I meant to mention also, re my you-know-what - at the Prefecture they wanted to have details about my parents. Now I can understand that to a large extent - most people applying for this thing are students, and probably young. But it still seemed bizarre filling it all in. Dad was born in 1918 and Mum in 1924, and they both sadly died more than 20 years ago. It would be difficult making contact. Oh well.....
The photos are a couple of views - inside and out - of my studio. What you can see there is pretty much my kitchen shelving in total. I am getting used to shopping more often, because of a lack of storage and no freezer, but sadly am eating too much white bread. (With lovely crunchy crusts!) Because that's what one tends to buy when just popping in to the boulangerie or supermarket.
Thanks again Les for the Listeners which arrived today. I've always said that it's the small pleasures in life that give it meaning, and I think that's true. Although in fact getting mail here is really a rather large pleasure!
It's raining steadily here today, but it's not as cold as it was in Paris.
Yay for Obama!

5 comments:
Dr Janet says last night was a little like VE Day in Europe when she was a gal back 'home'. I don't quite remember back that far but there's certainly a feeling of ebullience here - Billie Holiday, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Alice Walker (of Color Purple fame - had to google that one) were all up there, behind the bullet proof glass with Obama. I hope they take care of him, popular American presidents are very fragile. Now we just have to get the right people in here on Saturday.
Indeed! I voted in Paris last week so i have done my bit!
i know what you mean about the oral stuff so good luck with the exams. Your place looks nicer than i had envisioned and as for the white bread - oh well yummy! :D
Hope the exams went well and that you are getting the paper work sorted out. They are certainly being very obtuse about that. Your Paris trip sounded wonderful and you sure are making the most of this time in France. sorry i havemn't caught up with you for a while.
Viv
Welcome to France. Can you imagine how difficult it was for Colin and i to open a bank account, get married, buy a house etc after arriving here from Columbia!
We managed it and all without an EDF bill! (electricity bill to the english speakers) Bon chance. Bernadette
Post a Comment