Yes, today is Fathers' Day in France. As I can no longer celebrate my dad or John, I will dedicate today to the two best fathers I know - Toby and Hayden. Toby is the best dad possible to Sienna and Isla (and would die of embarrassment if he read this but I suspect that he doesn't read my blog), and Hayden, who will be a dad very soon - in August! The photos are of Toby reading to his girls, and Plain Clothes Constable Kroon investigating a suspicious fire in Bundaberg! (The photo is from a newspsper report which I whipped off the net. Don't tell on me!) I have such vivid memories of these dads as little fellas themselves, and now they are in their mid-30s. What can I say? It's actually wonderful seeing the boys and their friends moving so effortlessly into their new roles. Happy Fêtes des Pères, all you dads out there. Mothers are cool, but we think you are OK too. :-)

3 comments:
What a great tribute to your boys.
Just back from The Portage Hotel where the ABs beat France (just). I trust you were as gracious in victory as you were in defeat? Wasn't the weather atrocious? It was gorgeous in Keneperu Sound. Cold but sparkling. Maybe NZ isn't such a bad place.
Gosh, your blogs are amazing. I am a newcomer to your life, so don't know about some of the things you talk about. But I do know of sleepless nights!! I often have a peppermint tea with honey and a panadol, it seems to help me relax. I wonder if they have those teas over there??? How are you feeling now that the end of the award is getting nearer??
How am I feeling? I have very mixed feelings, I guess you could say. It will be so good to see everyone again, but leaving here will be, and has been already in some cases, a huge wrench.
Post a Comment