
Justine was born in France to a Dutch/German mother who grew up in France and an English born father who moved to New Zealand as a teenager. And they met in India! Justine was born in France but when she was 8 months old the family moved to New Zealand and settled in Sawyers Bay, Dunedin. They lived there until Justine was 8 years old, but her mother missed family too much so they went back to France. Which is just a little background.
One day last year I was sitting waiting for my uni class to start when I noticed a young girl with a kiwi on her back pack! Those of you who have travelled know how exciting it is when you see people or symbols of some sort from home! So of course I spoke to her and it was all a bit of the old 'small world' stuff, especially with our mutual Dunedin connection.
Since then we have met several times, and today we caught up again - probably for the last time. Although, who knows? We bought a sandwich and walked to Parc de Blossac and just sat in the sun and talked. Justine is quite young - still in her teens in fact - but she is really easy to talk to and we seem to have no trouble connecting despite the fact that, at a pinch, I could possibly be her grandmother!!
It also occurred to me today, somewhat belatedly, that she would have been a great person to have had conversation practice with. Oh well, another time maybe!
So no dramatic tales or funny stories or other tales to relate. Just an ordinary old day. Oh, I have been feeling a bit below par and was struggling to get tidied up this morning. Then I heard a car and saw Xavier arrive. Yay! I leaned out my window. "Have you come to watch the rugby?" I asked. And indeed he had. I hadn't liked to let myself into the Martins' house while they are away in order to watch the rugby, but I was able to see it after all. Which meant leaving my studio looking like a student flat. Never mind. And we won. Not handsomely, but we won. And despite being even more tired this afternoon I have had a big clean up. I don't really feel all that great at all. I hope I am not coming down with anything. Oink oink!

1 comment:
Justine's is a neat little story. As for the rugby, I had a feeling you would get to watch some @_@
Post a Comment