Sunday, June 7, 2009

Les Escargots


Oh yes, the great snail adventure! Last year when I regularly got emails from my class they invariably asked, "Have you eaten snails yet Miss?" Well, I hadn't, but now I have. Marie-Hélène decided that she must rectify this sorry state of affairs, and fill a gap in my tapestry of life experiences. So last night I dined with the Martin family. (Interesting that Martin is about the most common name in France - a bit like Smith.) Xavier even turned up in his All Black jersey for the occasion!


And the verdict is..... well, I thought les escargots were delicious. It was more like a texture than a taste really, as the main flavour was the pesto that was with them. But whatever, I didn't give a thought to those fat squishy things that eat my hostas, I just chomped them up. Nice.

No comments: