Wednesday was another 'at home' day, which was good. On Thursday we were off again to Cape Cod. Kathy and Roger had some business to do down there, and of course it's a great place to visit, so it worked out really well. Now, another place name that conjures up a bit of magic for me is Hyannisport. The Kennedys and all that. And that's where we went! Hyannis first of all, where we had lunch in a great cafe, decorated like a 50s Diner. I had Clam Chowder because you have to really. And it was good.
We wandered along the street and I went to the Kennedy Museum.

The man on the door thought I was Irish as I had a musical lilt to my voice. I suspect that he was the Irishman - full o' the blarney! :-) I HATE hearing my throaty voice warbling away on tape - I don't hear a musical lilt myself! Anyway, I really enjoyed the museum. There was a video to begin with which was very interesting, and several other videos dotted around. They were such a wealthy family that they did things like filming family activities and taking lots of photos, which other families may not have done at that time. So great records were kept. My god, JFK was handsome! I have always thought that of course, but it just served to reinforce my point of view! Yes, I know he was a womaniser. But I thought he was wonderful, and that's that! :-)
After that, we drove to Hyannisport which is where the Kennedy Compound is. We walked along the beach and it was just lovely.

I walked up some little wooden steps at one point and looked across - rudely I guess! - at one of the Kennedy houses. There was a man sitting on a chair - a Cape Cod chair in fact! - and I'm SURE it was Teddy Kennedy. He has that square sort of frame that is quite recognisable. I think he's ill - is that right? But he could still have gone to the bach for a holiday. (Cute little bach really. Hahahaha!)

Gosh, it just oozed wealth around there, but the beach and general area was still quite simple in a way. In fact Cape Cod in general wasn't nearly as upmarket as I had expected. It was quite unspoiled in many places, and even a bit old-fashioned. But nice.


You did know you were in a popular tourist spot because the traffic on the Cape itself was very heavy.
Roger and Kathy caught up with the man they needed to see, and so we headed home again. A great day.
You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod!
Oh, I just had a thought! If Hayden can do a Stadium World Tour (well, it was just the West Coast of the US really) then I could do a World Tour of Songs. You know, Cape Cod, Loch Lomond, Sur le pont d'Avignon, I love Paris in the spring time.... Oh hang on. I've been to those places! But I still like the idea, so I'll try to think of more good lines!

1 comment:
Help I'm having a panic attack, lulled as I was into a false set of lethargy 'cos you weren't writing in your blog and now it's got away on me!!! However, I will read more tonight and thank you so much for the pix which I haven't opened yet as I'm on my way to work. Not light yet and cold. Well I think it's cold but since I'm having a hot flush right at this moment that's just a wild guess.
Post a Comment