Thursday, November 20, 2008

A few more photos.





A bleak sort of day here today. But there are still many leaves on the trees so it can't be winter quite yet!
I have booked to go to Al Ain (UAE)over the new year. Talk about Nigel No-Mates! I am fortunate enough to be going to Grenoble for Christmas, (thank you Jennifer, Andrew, Ruth and Murray) but was at a bit of a loss for new year. I think when one is away from home like this it's important to be proactive about going places. There's no point in sitting and waiting to be asked. So I have invited myself to go and stay with my friend Hilary's friend Sheryl, who lives there! Actually, I have met Sheryl, and we are friends on Facebook! So we are quite close really. Lol. I was a bit startled about how much the fares were, but as I think I have said, you either pay for travel or stay home, and this is my big chance! So it will be really good to see Sheryl and hang out with her, and to be warm as well. J'aime beaucoup being warm.
Oh, popping in that bit of French reminds me.... when we were in Italy, Louise made a pretty good fist of being understood in Italian. I don't know any Italian at all, and one night when asking someone on the train where we should get off, I found that I was asking in French!
I thought I would pop in a few more photos. The one of Louise and me at the Bogliasco Railway Station is one from Ian's collection. The two with me in them were taken on the Cinque Terre walk, and the other one is Ian and Louise in the main square in Bogliasco.
And looking at the photos makes me think - you know how people nick garden gnomes then take them round the world and send back postcards from the gnome to the owner? Well, I think that my Papatoetoe Intermediate jacket could have a blog of its own. It has appeared in just about all the photos I think! Travels of a School Jacket.
Anyway! Thanks for the Listener Les, and the papers Dorothy. Much appreciated.
Amities. xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali, I have just had a catch up with you week in Italy and I'm very envious! Your writing brought back a rush of wonderful memories of Pisa and I do so want to walk the Cinque Terre some time. You do sound as if you are really enjoying yourself and you are definitely making the most of it.
Love Viv