Friday, November 28, 2008

Soooo cold.....


Yes, I may have mentioned the cold. I'm sure it feels worse because I'm not used to being out in it. The photo is one I took with the self timer. I'm not sure if you can see how well rugged up I am. I actually need a hat as well. I bought a beanie before I came over, but for some weird reason I didn't bring it. Perhaps it was a fear of helmet hair. It's the extremities that I need to protect - my feet, hands, nose and ears. Brrr!! But I prefer the cold to endless rain, so I mustn't grumble. And it is winter after all! :-)
My friend Louise is coming from Brussels to stay this weekend. Did I mention that? It will be great to see her, and be the host, showing her around Poitiers. We will go into Centre Ville tomorrow, and I'm sure the shops will be heated. And there are Christmas markets as well so it should be a good day. I think we are going to a concert tomorrow night.
Ian texted me this aternoon from Genoa to say that rugby practice had been called off because it was snowing. So it's around. The big question is - will I have a white Christmas? Wouldn't that be magic? Bing and I could probably sing about that....
PS Oooh, I just had a closer look at that photo, and I see that I have multiple chins. You must understand that it's because I am sitting in a scrunched up manner, and it has nothing to do with the tartelets du chocolat from the local boulangerie.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

The multiple chins are hardly noticeable tucked as they are into the lovely (warm) scarf. My what a lovely arm chair - it matches your hair beautifully.
I hope you're having a great evening at the concert. Neil is watching a replay of the All Blacks but he doesn't know the score yet (I do - such are the wonders of the internet).
A bit dull today but nothing like the 4 degrees at Twickenham and possibly even colder where you are. I hope your flat is well heated?

Anonymous said...

i never noticed chins either...then you mentioned them. that followed rather quickly with a craving for chocolate pastries. i, too, hope your flat has excellent heating. i shouldn't mention that i got a bit of sunburn yesterday...stupid of me.

Alison said...

The heating is OK. It's electric wall heating so it isn't instant, but it's fine really. Then again, winter has just started today, of course!!