Tuesday, June 23, 2009

An Amazing Story

Yes it is. A little while after Louise and Suzanne arrived here, Suzanne discovered that she had lost one of her favourite gold hoop earrings. Trying to track back she really couldn't imagine where she could have lost it, but was hoping that it was perhaps in Louise's appartment in Brussels. Not much you can do about it really.
This morning the girls and I went for a walk down to my local shops where I introduced them to M. Tabac and also took them into the famed boulangerie where we bought some things to take on the train for lunch.
And so we toddled off up the road towards home. We crossed the road and.... "What is this?" asked Louise, bending down. There in the middle of the road was Suzanne's earring!! Well, was that amazing or what? All's Well That Ends Well. (I might make that into a play.)
..... And this afternoon we are off to Avignon. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Good morning! I wonder whether you could also have a look for my bank statements dated 2004 - 2007, also missing, possibly in Louise's Brussels apartment but also I realise, quite possibly outside your studio on the street,or perhaps tucked under a bush? Thank you.

Alison said...

I have searched in the internet cafe here in Carcassonne but no luck so far. However they may be in the castle. I will look tomorrow. xxx

Pat&Mike said...

Wondering if the French Press had reported the Mathieu Bastareaud episode after the 2nd test here in Wgtn. Turns out he was (and probably still is) lying through his teeth. Havent learnt much in 20 odd years!.
Amazing how some things (like earrings) turn up when least expected. Did Pat tell you about our camera which she thought had been lost after we returned from the Longslip 150th celebration. Initially the Shuttle coy denied all knowledge of it, but then it just turned up out of the blue.
Hope you enjoyed Avignon - we went there on our big trip in the early 90s.