Friday, June 19, 2009

Ladies Who Lunch.


Yep, that's me. (No, not the photo - that's Agnes.) Just a brief letting-you-know-what-I'm-up-to entry. And if you really want all the details, well, this morning I had a wax! It was actually a bit of a miserable morning and trying hard to rain. And by the time I went out at lunchtime it really was raining. Not only that, but it had turned quite cold! Rats! Fortunately it had stopped raining - but was still cold - when I was waiting for Agnes, one of the teachers from the Lycee. Because she was 40 minutes late! She did send a message after 10 minutes saying she was on her way, but she may have done her grocery shoping after that! Lol. But anyway, no problems really. Except that because of the weather I was about the only person lolling about in the square and I probably looked like a woman of ill-repute.
Anyway, we had lunch and chatted, and it was nice. Agnes has had an interesting life. She is only about 43, but after growing up in Paris she went to uni in Poitiers, worked/studied in the UK and USA, met a Greek man and went to Greece where she married him and had two children and lived there for 15 years. He is actually a Greek member of Parliament. However, they are now divorced, so she is back in France. She is tri-lingual and her two little girls are bi-lingual and also learning English - impressive. I have worked with her and her students at the Lycee and she is a nice person. And she gave me some lovely silver earrings from Greece! I didn't know what to say. I actually had a New Zealand pen for her but I forgot to take it!
When we left the restaurant the sun had come out again. Tomorrow I am having a picnic lunch with Justine in Blossac Park, so I hope it stays fine. You may remember that I mentioned Justine earlier - she grew up in Dunedin until she was 8 and now lives back in France, which is where she was born.
Keep cool till after school.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Weekend here and I'm having lunch too. In Keneperu Sound on our way to The Portage for dinner and watching ABs play (beat?) Lo Coque. Ha.

Hilary said...

Les Coques???