

I really want to hold off adding new entries until there are comments on the previous ones. Well, the previous one at least! But that may mean not writing any more! Oh, you have no idea how much I enjoy and appreciate your comments!
So with that off my chest.... Today I got the bus into Centre Ville again. I have been in contact for a wee while with Susie Kelly and today we actually caught up in real life. Susie and her husband Terry live in another of those "Escape to France" kind of scenarios and Susie has written about their life in "Two Steps Backward – the further misadventures of an Englishwoman in France". My friend Karen in London gave it to me to read and much to my surprise I found that they were living quite close to Poitiers! It just makes a nice change to read a book of that ilk that isn't about Provence! And as you know I feel like this is my patch now and it was really good to recognise some places mentioned. In fact, I hadn't realised, but Susie told me today that they live near Civray, which is not far from Claudine and Francois. And we visited Civray in the weekend. Anyway, I really recommend the book along with her others, "Best Foot Forward – the misadventures of an Englishwoman" and "A Perfect Circle". We ended up going to a nice little restaurant in St Benoit, and it was a very pleasant way to spend the middle part of the day. Sitting outside a French cafe chewing the fat, as it were. Figuratively speaking!
PS Have I told you about the Skype calls I get? There must be many men in Morocco and other places who are very anxious to get a 'leg-in' to France. And they must be able to skim through and somehow find Skype addresses - just like a phone book I suppose. I average about one call a week, but this week already I have had calls from Philipe and Rachid from Morocco and Raffy from Italy! That's a first - Italy. I don't answer the calls, and then they send messages. All very interesting but I suspect they are not the men of my dreams!

2 comments:
It is very late but I don't like to think of you sitting lonely as a flower with no blog responses. It seems it's suddenly turned to summer there and I have to tell you it's suddenly turned to winter here - DO NOT COME HOME - whatever you do. It is TOO COLD. In fact, I'm not standing for it - I'm going to Samoa tomorrow for a week, did I mention that? It's summer there you know. So will be off air again. It seems only yesterday that I was on leave from blog duty in Mexico. In fact yesterday I was in CHCH - gorgeous snow on the mountains all the way down BUT - I repeat, DO NOT COME HOME. Stay where they understand about whipped cream and roses and walks in parks to see green stuff and water lillies and I bet they haven't even heard of The Budget. bugger this, I'm off.
Lol. Thank you Hilary. I certainly have no immediate plans to come home, but sadly they are insisting that I return on August 20th. How unkind is that?
Post a Comment