And yes, so we move on.... On Sunday morning I got up and started getting ready to leave. "Let Roger pack your suitcase Alison," called out Kathy. Well, I've been doing it for a while now and I'm sure I can... but hey, why not? Well, he is a Suitcase Magician! Honestly, I couldn't believe how clever he was at rolling and folding and putting things inside other things. I mean, I do that too, but whereas I do Shopping well, Roger leaves me in the dust when it comes to Suitcases. (And after my year of very little shopping I think that Jane will have added qualifications to her already impressive list and I will never catch up!)
Anyway, he took me into Boston and dropped me off at Logan International Airport which was very calm and stress-free. On to the plane and I sat by a pleasant young man called Thomas, on the 5 hour first leg to Reykjavik. In fact we had a seat in between us so that was cool. I was able to explore a bit more of Iceland's airport this time and there were some nice shops. It still isn't a place high on my priority list for a return visit, however. On leg two I found that I had been put in the sort of upper middle class section. Better then economy, but not quite business. It was fine by me! I should have tried to sleep but instead watched movies. Well, I was on Massachusetts time!
OK. So I had landed in Paris and it was 6.15am. My flight to Edinburgh was scheduled for 9.30pm. A long day. Nowhere to sit comfortably, no luggage storage facilities, nothing to do, and I needed some sleep. I really had no choice. At great expense I checked into the Hotel Sheraton for the day! It is right inside the airport - no shuttle required! Normally breakfast in the restaurant is 37 euros - eek - but I had somehow managed to find myself in a Club Class room so I got free breakfast thank goodness. I ate that - and stashed away some odds and ends for lunch at the same time, just like a real country bumpkin! I had a lovely bath and then slept till 2.00pm. It was just wonderful really. It was dead quiet and really peaceful - amazing when you consider where it is! So I just lounged about in their bathrobe until it was time to get ready for my flight to Edinburgh. This check-in also went very smoothly. EasyJet can be a bit - well, less than satisfactory, but the queue moved very quickly and the people at the front line were very friendly and helpful. It was great.
More to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a great way to spend your last stretch of time over there. You really are seeing a lot of the world!
Don't hurry home. Still wet and cold here. Where to next??
Off to London tomorrow for a week, then back here to hang out, catch up with a few people, and pack up my stuff! :-(
Post a Comment