Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Neil

I hope Jo won't mind me writing this. I just want to pay my respects to Neil Breingan who died this week. He was the husband of my good friend Jo, and I guess I've known him for more than 30 years. Highly intelligent, wise, keen sportsman, quiz champion, teacher, man with his own mind, garage sale king, real Nelson identity and family man. I really liked Neil and my heart goes out to Jo.
And just finally, the one thing that will always stick in my mind when I think of Neil is the wonderful blackboard work he had in his classrooms. It's difficult to explain just how amazing it was, but anyway, he used to prepare the whole board for each week and it was simply an exquisite work of art.
I was so sad to hear that Neil had died. Another good man gone much too soon.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I'd also like to add my condolences to Jo.

Noeline said...

I am sorry you are grieving the loss of a special friend. You can really empathise with your friend Jo.
So glad you are enjoying your holidays now with lots of tripping around. When do return to us Ali? (I will come and meet you as long as it is not during class time.)

Alison said...

Thanks Noel. I get back on Saturday morning, August 22nd. I think that Jan is coming to pick me up, but you can come too if you like! No, you really don't need to unless you really want to. It isn't a big deal.