

Jane gave me The New Zealand Women's Diary for Christmas and it has some good little quotes in it.
"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there." (Anon)
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end." (Ursula K. Le Guin)[Love the semi-colon Ursula!]
"We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world." (Helen Keller)
"Do no resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege." (Anon)
Corny I know but I like 'em. I always read such things and think I will drop them into my conversation at very apt points. But my memory is such that in fact I don't! So I thought I would write some down.
This morning I have done my washing and generally tidied up and cleaned my studio - I even washed the floor! This afternoon I am going for a walk with a new friend. I hope I am, anyway. It is actually raining at the moment. But I will get the bus into her place in Centre Ville anyway and we will see.
The photos are of the Palace Museum in Al Ain. Me pouring coffee, and an exterior shot. It was the home of the current sheik's father and is kind of like it would have been when he lived there. It had a nice feel to it. Coffee made in those pots is a really big thing in the Emirates and Oman, and Vikki has quite a collection of antique coffee pots.
A bientot.

No comments:
Post a Comment