Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More photos







Here I am back in Poitiers and oddly enough I have noticed a drop in temperature. Like, about 25 degrees or so. :-( I will write more tomorrow when I'm not so tired but I thought I could do some backdating and add a few more photos. It was a lovely holiday in Al Ain, thanks to Sheryl. Thanks to Sheryl too who took me off to the doctor and I finally got some medicaments - on day 8! Well, you just assume that it will go away by itself.....
The photos are aspects of the Abu Dhabi mosque, including me in visiting garb, Ali and me studying the menu when we had our authentic Omani eating experience, Sheryl and me sun-basking at the Hilton(sigh!), and a photo taken of a mosque lit up, on our way home from Nizwa. (I was a little bit reluctant to publish the one of me at the Hilton, as my Bingo arms are a bit predominant, but I have swallowed my pride....)
Anyway, I STILL can't get my photos to arrange themselves where I want, and not where THEY want. They are very random and not at all well-behaved.

5 comments:

Hilary said...

Thanks Ali. Sounds like you had a brilliant time and I am so jealous!!! I think you should stay in France for another year and Sheryl should stay where she is so I can get myself organised to join you.

Hilary said...

I've just realised that maybe I can't come to the middle east. What do people do with wonky knees who can't sit cross legged? (I can't go to Japan either - for obvious reasons).

Anonymous said...

I've just had a wonderful long read about your exploits. Have been off line with a computer crash and needed to get your blog address from Hilary. You are having some fabulous adventures!Happy New Year albeit a bit late. Lovely top be back in touch with you.

Alison said...

Thanks girls! Yes, the knees could be a problem Hilary. Mine are pretty regular knees as a rule, but they were struggling at having to do the cross-legged thing!
Nice to hear from you Viv.xxx

Anonymous said...

well i think you look good in 'visiting garb' and, my god, those places are incredible. as for the doctor thing i probably wouldnt have gone either. these things normally just go away on their own dont they?