Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Piccies

 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

I have tried a very roundabout way of posting photos, via Picasa on Sheryl's computer. Not ideal, but here are a few photos anyway. Alice the Camel, whom we followed from Al Ain to the Omani border. Desert picnic, featuring Chris, Ali and Sheryl. Interior of the fort. The souk at Nizwa.
I'm still struggling with this throat infection - whatever it might be. Basically I have been pretty sick and in bed for 3 days. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that I will be OK tomorrow! Meanwhile, I am missing snow in Poitiers! Yes indeed, it has been snowing there for a couple of days now I believe.I have mixed feelings about that. I would love to see it, but.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow is OK for a day, but after that I am are over it! Especially if you have to travel anywhere in it. Enjoy the not snow! Hope you are feeling better soon. It's boring to be sick on holiday but it's better than missing school (or is it??) Cheers, Les

Anonymous said...

I see my editing went awry! Oh well. It cheers people up when others are not perfect!!

I forgot to mention it is over 30 degrees here today and I am melting! I am trying to stay cool inside blobbing in front of the cricket but it's not really working. Maybe snow would be nice! The West Indies only made a hundres and twenty something in the one dayer in Wellington. NZ haven't started their innings yet. I hope it's a doddle or we will look really hopeless.

Anonymous said...

i, too, hope you are feeling better. its lovely here and i am really enjoying the sun. luckily santa brought Evie and Vin and PS2 for xmas because theres that definite BURN if they play outside at certain times of the day.
i do wish i didnt have to hand pollinate the butternuts!! hmm i guess i shouldnt complain if thats the extent of my holiday problems :D

Alison said...

Lol! Hand-pollinate the butternuts! That's something that hasn't ever been in my repertoire. I am impressed. You might get your own TV programme!
Still sick, and I am getting fed up. Day 7 now! But have had a great time in Oman for a couple of days. Back to the Emirates today (my would-have-been 40th wedding anniversary!!) and back to France on Monday. xxx